Finding the right bathing suit!
Happy Friday Fashionistas!
Summer is still here and so are the pool parties, long days at the beach and lounging on the deck. Choosing the perfect bathing suit is not an easy job. There are different types of bodies, different body colors and different preferences. Before you direct yourself to the swimsuit store, there are some things you should consider first.
Know your body type
There are different body types – apple shape, pear shape, hourglass shape, and straight (banana shape). In order to find out which one belongs to you, you should measure your hips, waist, and bust.
- If your hips are wider than your waist and bust, then you have a pair shaped body.
- If your waist is equal or near as wide to your bust, but wider than your hips, then you have an apple shaped body.
- If you have an hourglass shaped body that means your bust and hips are almost the same width, but your waist is smaller.
- And if there is no visible difference between your bust, hips and waist, then you must have a straight type of body.
There are different colors, which can highlight your best sides and hide some parts of your body that you don’t like. If you want to highlight a part you like, choose a bright pattern or color. But if you want to hide a part you don’t like, choose a solid color. If your skin is dark, use brighter colors for swimsuits. For pale skin, choose deeper tones, such as navy, dark purple, or black. If you want to highlight your bust, pick a swimsuit with ruffles on its top. The same goes if you want to highlight your hips. But if you want to hide the volume of any part of your body, use ruched or shirred fabric. You can also buy a bikini top and bottom in different colors, depending on which part of your body you’d like to show more.
The right cut
There is one more thing you should consider and it is the cut of your swimsuit.
- If you want to hide your waist, choose a one-piece swimsuit in a dark color or with shirred panels over the stomach.
- On the other hand, if you want to highlight your waist, use a tankini swimsuit.
- If you want to make your legs look longer, choose a high-cut bikini bottoms.
- If you have a big bust, but you want your hips to match it, choose boyshorts, regardless of color. Don’t bother if your bust isn’t big enough. You can attract attention on it by wearing triangle or halter top.
And finally, if you find it difficult to choose the right swimsuit by yourself, you can always ask a professional for help.
Summer is the season when you have fun and show off, so don’t be ashamed or concerned about your body. Comfort should be the first thing you search for in a swimsuit. If you don’t feel comfortable in your own body, you won’t feel good. Just don’t forget to have fun and have a good time.
If you have any questions or need advice, please let me know.